Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

exclamation-circle After installation News Wall plugin server crashes

More
9 years 5 months ago #2015 by Alexander van Aken
We have installed the News Wall plugin, but after we activate it in a module position the complete server becomes irresponsive and it looks like it creates multiple instances of the index file from Joomla (see screenshot).

The only solution to get things responsive again is to suspend the hosting account / restart apache. But then again, if we activate the module again everything hangs.

What is wrong with this module? It looks like it creates some kind of loop that kills the complete server (we are developing on a shared hosting server so also all the other sites that are on this server become irresponsive).

We hope you can help us out! We really need this module to work quick because we have a deadline from out client.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2016 by Alexander van Aken
We were probably too fast, also if we disable the plugin things are hanging.
We first installed K@, and later the module. Now if we disable the module there are also many processes generated.

Problems are solved then we disable the K2 System Plugin.

We are using Joomla 3.3.6 with K2 2.6.8. If you have heard of these issues we'll be glad if heard about this!

More
9 years 5 months ago #2018 by GDragon
Dear creaktor,
Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
Sorry for late reply because when you creat this topic is evening in our country (we are using GMT+7 timezone).
About your problem I checked your ticket and your site but i see news wall working fine now.
However you should disable jquery and jquery noconflict to get our module working normal.
Hope this help!

Best regards,
--GD--

More
9 years 5 months ago #2030 by Alexander van Aken
Hello,

I don't know what site you've checked, I did not mention the URL of the website that we are developing.

Currently I'm testing what is causing the problem, when I activate the K2 system plugin things go terribly wrong.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2032 by GDragon
Dear creaktor,
Thanks for your reply!
Can you give us URL of the site you are developing?
Or let's check site with install K2 component Only. I have created news wall version use Joomla Content only. Please submit a ticket. I'll send you this version then please check and feedback! Many thanks!

Best regards,
--GD--

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #2035 by Alexander van Aken
Hi,

After testing and struggling around with our problems the problem was that some javascript conflicted. After all the problem seemed to be that when the K2 system plugin is enabled, the mootools library is loaded. I don't know why, but this conflicted with 2 scripts that we use for an image carousel and a script for parallax effects on backgrounds.
So, for people that have problems after enabling the K2 system plugin, try to disable Mootools (e.g. with ReReplacer) and check again if you stil have problems. These problems had nothing to do with the Jux News Wall Plugin.

But! After enabling the Jux News Wall module, we got a blank page. After enabling error reporting we see the next error:
Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in /home/testcrea/domains/testcreaktor.nl/public_html/madcroc/modules/mod_jux_news_wall/tmpl/Default/default.php on line 37

For now we commented some lines (the if statement and endif of line 37) and the module works. Maybe you should check this on Joomla 3.3.6 with K2 2.6.8.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Alexander van Aken.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2047 by GDragon
Hi,
Thanks for your reply!
About this problem I checked news wall with versions you suggested but I don't got any problem!
If your site is online now. Please submit a ticket at support system. We'll research and try to fix it asap!

Best regards,
--GD--

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds