Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

check Feature Request: Ability to Sort Categories, Tags

More
5 years 1 month ago #24690 by Patrick R. McElhiney
It would be nice to have a feature that could sort the categories alphabetically, or by category order, or other ways as well. Right now I have a category that I didn't add in alphabetical order to the other ones. I moved my portfolio from another piece of software, so all but 1 of the categories are alphabetized, so it just looks a little weird that one is out of order alphabetically, and I tried to figure out if there was a way to put it in the order I'd like, and it basically would require me to re-do the entire categories list in alphabetical order, at least to my knowledge at this time.

It would also be nice if we could sort tags alphabetically, or by tag order, or otherwise as well.

I've run my own marketing firm since I was 15, for over 20 years now, and I know my customers will notice little issues like this, and they may close my website if it isn't correct. I have really amazing clients, but they don't like their time wasted, and when they're looking for something in the portfolio, they don't want to have to look around to find what they are looking for.

Here is the old portfolio: http://www.mce123.com/index.php/mce123-marketing/mce123-marketing-portfolio

Here is the new portfolio: mce123-v2.mcemcemce.com/index.php/portfolio/marketing-portfolio

As you can see, I added Event Tickets, and now it's not sorted. This site is still being constructed, and isn't public yet, but it will be within around 3 or 4 months, and I'd like to have this feature by that time. I'm using Portfolio Pro, and I've purchased the Developer package. If you could add these features by that time, I'd really appreciate it... it would make my world a much better place. If you have any work-arounds for the time-being, please let me know. It's a great piece of software, really worth my subscription.

I also have ideas for other plugins you could be working on if you're interested. I have very little time to create plugins, aside from my PhD studies, so if you could tackle some of my ideas, you're welcome to sell them and make money with them. I'd just like the software for my websites. Please advise how you'd like me to share the ideas, if you're interested...

Thanks,

--Patrick

--Patrick R. McElhiney
MCE123 Company Founder
Computer Science PhD Student at University of New Hampshire
M.S. Information Technology
B.S. Marketing Management

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #24696 by HaiND
Hi
Thank you for feedback
You want to sort the category in a different way ?
You can describe the problem in more detail or send me one image of the problem via: prnt.sc/
I will check it for you soon
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 1 month ago #24697 by Patrick R. McElhiney

Need to be able to sort categories alphabetically... Event Tickets should go after CPU Badges...

See mce123-v2.mcemcemce.com/index.php/portfolio/marketing-portfolio

--Patrick R. McElhiney
MCE123 Company Founder

More
5 years 1 month ago #24700 by HaiND
Hi again
I will instruct you custom it
in the file: ..\components\com_jux_portfolio_pro\views\items\tmpl\default_grid.php at line 94 and add code:

asort($catid);

hope it will help you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
5 years 1 month ago #24716 by Patrick R. McElhiney
I got the following warning:

Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/mcemcemc/public_html/mce123-v2/components/com_jux_portfolio_pro/views/items/tmpl/default_grid.php on line 47

--Patrick R. McElhiney
MCE123 Company Founder

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #24720 by HaiND
Hi again

I see you added the wrong line that I instructed, you must add line 94 of this file

.../components/com_jux_portfolio_pro/views/items/tmpl/default_grid.php

Now I add it for you, please check again
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by HaiND.

More
5 years 1 month ago #24762 by Patrick R. McElhiney
Thank you! :)

--Patrick R. McElhiney
MCE123 Company Founder

More
5 years 1 month ago #24773 by HaiND
Hi again
if still have problem, please contact us, pleased to assist you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds