Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

lock Customizing and Linking

More
11 years 4 months ago #1003 by sidewalk
Hi, I have to say first that this is a beautifully done component and I am eager to see what else JoomlaUX comes up with. :P

I have two questions:

1) I would like to have multiple galleries on my site and link directly to each from the main navigation and also not have the chooser at the top of each. So
a) how do I link to one of the categories from a menu item and
b) how do I disable the chooser.

2) For most the title showing as the caption is very nice - for me it is not good, I would rather have no caption (the rollover with link icon is ok to keep) how can I disable the caption?

3) is it possible to open a PDF instead of the full size image with info?

Thank you so very much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: khanhnq
The topic has been locked.
  • khanhnq
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #1004 by khanhnq
Replied by khanhnq on topic Customizing and Linking
Hi sidewalk,
Thank you very much for your questions.

1) I would like to have multiple galleries on my site and link directly to each from the main navigation and also not have the chooser at the top of each. So
a) how do I link to one of the categories from a menu item and
b) how do I disable the chooser.

2) For most the title showing as the caption is very nice - for me it is not good, I would rather have no caption (the rollover with link icon is ok to keep) how can I disable the caption?

For these questions, we're updating our component. We'll add category selection into Menu Item setting, as well as option for disable the chooser. The option for show/hide title as caption'll be added to Item edit page too. The new version is expected to release this month. So please wait for us.

About the remain question:

3) is it possible to open a PDF instead of the full size image with info?

I'll add this feature to our improvement list. But I don't think we'll add PDF opening function to our extension, because it's a specific feature and I don't think many users want this feature.

Best regards,
Kan Nguyen
JUX Support
More
11 years 4 months ago #1005 by sidewalk
Replied by sidewalk on topic Customizing and Linking
Hi Kan, Thank you for your reply. How long do you think the update will take realistically - I really need to launch this site ASAP.

In the mean time I need to at least fix this so that I can launch the site. Here are the problems I'm encountering right now:
a) The buttons to open the detail pages do not work on my ipad - is this component not ipad compatible?? I mean the only reason to use it over a flash resource is so that its ipad compliant.
b) The menu overlaps the content and you can't read it. (see screenshot attached)
c) How do I change the copy that reads "all the items" ?

Thanks!
Attachments:
  • khanhnq
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #1006 by khanhnq
Hi,

We're developing new version and will release it in the end of this month.

a) The buttons to open the detail pages do not work on my ipad - is this component not ipad compatible?? I mean the only reason to use it over a flash resource is so that its ipad compliant.

There's a problem with iOS6 device, and we'll fix this problem in the next version.

b) The menu overlaps the content and you can't read it. (see screenshot attached)

It seems there's a css problem, if you can give us your site's url, we'll help you fix it. If there's private information, please submit a ticket at ticket.joomlaux.com .

c) How do I change the copy that reads "all the items" ?

Please open the language file: {site root}\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_jux_portfolio.ini
You'll see the line (no. 27): COM_JUX_PORTFOLIO_ALL_ITEMS="All The Items"
You can change it to any text you want.

Best regards,
Kan Nguyen
JUX Support Team
More
11 years 4 months ago #1007 by sidewalk
Replied by sidewalk on topic Customizing and Linking

There's a problem with iOS6 device, and we'll fix this problem in the next version.

I can't wait for some future version - I paid for a component and I expect it to work. Can you not forward me some kind of fix that I can get implemented?

If your component is not functioning properly - you should not expect people to pay for it.
  • khanhnq
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #1008 by khanhnq
Hi,

If your component is not functioning properly - you should not expect people to pay for it.

Normally, we would update our component right away, but we're in middle of developing new version so we decided to release it with new version. Also, we think that it'll need more testing.

This problem take us quite some time, but we have new script now. So please download new script from attached file new_js.zip and follow instructions to fix it.

1. Unzip new_js.zip
2. You'll see 3 new js files.
3. Upload these files to below folders in your site (it'll replace the old files):
{site root}/components/com_jux_portfolio/templates/default/assets/js
{site root}/components/com_jux_portfolio/templates/dark/assets/js

Best regards,
Kan Nguyen
JUX Support Team
Attachments:
Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds