Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

question-circle Sub menus not opening on mobile view. Bootstrap conflicts.

More
8 years 4 months ago #9932 by id design
Hello,

I am using Joomla 3.4.5 with latest version of Mega menu. I really like your menu but there are many issues with menu for me:
  1. Sub menus on mobile view do not open when i click on handle when i disable Bootstrap from menu backend. I cannot use Bootstrap as i have Autostand component in Joomla which already uses bootstrap. So, is there any way to make sub-menus on mobile view open without bootstrap? Using jquery?
  2. Autostand bootstrap breaks desktop dropdown layout. So, i tried to create JUX menu override but it is not allowed. So, can you tell me if i can remove bootstrap classes from menu? Or do you have NO-bootstrap version of menu?
  3. Multi-column menus are nice but i found that, they add menu hierarchy in url like /row1/col1/menuname. Is there any way to avoid this?
  4. Where can i change screen resolution from which mobile menu is displayed? Currently, mobile menu is displayed for screen resolution below 768px. I want to change it according to my template need.

Link to Autostand component: extensions.joomla.org/extension/autostand

Autostand is primary component of website which cannot be replaced. I can replace mega-menu but not Autostand. Many things are missing in menu parameters. So, can you please help me with above issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #9937 by NT
HI iddesign,
Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
Please send me an account site via message private. I will check to help you. Thanks.

Best Regards
__DiepNT__

More
8 years 4 months ago #9940 by NT
HI,
Sorry, I do not see conflict bootstrap issues on your site. please check again, or send me the link, the problem I'm editing responsive help you. Thanks

Best Regards
__DiepNT__

More
8 years 4 months ago #9942 by id design
I resolved bootstrap conflict by overriding css and marking !important in template. So, please consider point 1 & 2 as resolved. I sent you PM with site login details. can you please help me with point 3 & 4.

More
8 years 4 months ago #9943 by NT
Hi
3. In this regard the structure of Joomla. When you turn on "Seo" on it would have such links.
You want to show a normal link, please turn off SEO go.
Please go to System-> Global Configuration-> Tab Site-> Search Engine Friendly URLs config
4. I was barking help you, please recheck

Hope this help!
We hope you can help me a good review of this product (100 points)

extensions.joomla.org/extension/jux-mega-menu

It will help us very much to develop our product! Many thanks!

Best Regards
__DiepNT__
Attachments:

More
8 years 4 months ago #9944 by id design
3. I guess you are not understanding my point. If i am concerned about SEO, then why are you expecting me to turn Joomla SEO off? Anyways, i will have to install SEO component like sh404 only to remove /row1/col1/ from links. I will manage. i was just checking if you have alternate easy option.

4. I really don't understand what is "barking help". Are you telling me to recheck this thread when you post answer for my issue?

More
8 years 4 months ago #9951 by NT
Hi Iddesign,
3. Maybe I do not understand your problem. But if the URL displayed "like / ROW1 / col1 / menuname", probably due to the structure of Joomla.
4. I'm sorry. I mean, I have fixed your problem, please check back
I've edited style_responsive.css, style.css file(modules\mod_jux_megamenu\assets\css)
and css.php file (modules\mod_jux_megamenu\includes)
and default.php file (modules\mod_jux_megamenu\tmpl)
I change the value of 768px to 1050px.
Sorry my english maybe not good. Thanks

Best Regards
__DiepNT__

More
8 years 4 months ago #9968 by id design
Hello diepnt,

Don't worry about your English. I am also not a native English speaker. Your hard work speaks more and i really appreciate it.

Solved URL issue:
The way we'll be adding menus in Mega menu has issue with url structure. I and found that it cannot be fixed with your module alone.
Issue is - when we create rows and columns inside 2nd level menu, the url adds column and rows alias in url. I followed your guide on creating menu from here: docs.joomlaux.com/extensions/jux_megamen...u-look-like-our-demo
So, if i have Main menu structure like this:
Main Menu
  • Home
  • Services
    • Row1
      • Column1
        • Service1
        • Service2
      • Column2
        • Service3
        • Service4
    • Row2
      • Column1
        • Service5
        • Service6
  • Contact us
Now suppose i access Service1 page on website then url looks like this:
www.yourwebsite.com/services/row1/column1/service1
Which is correct when we use Joomla SEO, but it is not good for SEO practices. It should look like this:
www.yourwebsite.com/services/service1
I found a solution for this which might help you to resolve issues like this for other customers. Above is Main Menu. Create whole new Menu (not menu item) and name it Services Menu in Joomla. And add menu items in it like this:
Services Menu
  • Services [Alias:services]
    • Service1 [Alias:service1]
    • Service2 [Alias:service2]
    • Service3 [Alias:service3]
    • Service4 [Alias:service4]
    • Service5 [Alias:service5]
    • Service6 [Alias:service6]
    • Note: You may have to change 'Alias' for menu items in Main menu if you are not allowed to use same 'Alias' in Services menu.
Now go back to Main menu, and open Services menu item in & then change 'Menu Item Type' to 'Menu Item Alias' and select 'Menu Item' as Services from Services Menu. Repeat this for all child menu items too. For example, Service1 from Main menu will be alias of Service1 from Services Menu.
Now when you access Service1, it shows url as:
www.yourwebsite.com/services/service1

Mobile menu - screen resolution issue
Currently, mobile menu is shown when screen resolution is below 768px. I am glad that you changed it in code. But your module do not allow template overrides (overriding under /templates/mytemplate/html/mod_jux_megamenu). So, if you introduce new version, and i upgrade, the changes you made will be flushed. Which is not good. Instead of it, can you please add a parameter in menu where users can define for which screen resolution they want to show mobile menu? I am a template developer and if i want to use it on other website, i will have to contact you again. if you add that in menu parameters, then it will help many template developers like me. I will definitely recommend to use this menu to my customers.

You are just 1 parameter away from 100 points on JED. Please add that parameter and i will leave you a review on JED.

Thank you in advance.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #9985 by NT
Hi Iddesign,
3. First let me thank for your comments, and your solution to the problem URL. I am a support, the products I only understand a certain part to support our customers. Maybe what you say I do not understand it all, hope you understand and sympathize with me. I will send your opinion of our developers. So they can be updated in the next version update.
4. I have edited
- style_responsive.css file(modules\mod_jux_megamenu\assets\css) line 14
- style.css file(modules\mod_jux_megamenu\assets\css) line 605, 632, 674
- css.php file (modules\mod_jux_megamenu\includes) line 64, 104
- default.php file (modules\mod_jux_megamenu\tmpl) line 19,58
It is written in multiple files with different purposes, can I not write type parameters. (As I understand writing template can set parameters, but in module parameter set in .css file I have not seen).
If anything I'm not right, hope you missed. regarded as I with you, exchanging little information about this issue :) Wish you a happy new week, business luck. Thanks

Best Regards
__DiepNT__
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by NT.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds