Support Online: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

times JUX Portfolio Pro - Issues and Feedback

More
3 years 10 months ago #39150 by James Humphries
Hi folks,

I have been using your JUX Portfolio Pro widget – it is perfet for what I need on my website so thank you.

I do however have some feedback, in the hope of fixing certain issues and further improving the product.

Image blurry (Code improvement requested)
I use 3 column packery format with filters turned off.
I formatted my portfolio landing page images as 450x450 pixels, as the actual size is up to 430.x. When I looked at the images outside the web – they are sharp. When your software resizes it, they are not – slightly blurry – not great for a portfolio!
My web developer told me that your software actually resizes the images - so the images uploaded are not the exact same ones that get displayed (at least on the listing/index page). Even though we uploaded images that are 450px wide, they would get resized to 300px. Is this based on the original default setup using 4 columns instead of 3 maybe? Regardless, the developer has had to tweak the template code so that the image now resizes to 450px. Because the image still gets resized, there is some slight quality loss, but it’s negligible compared with the original.

Arrangement of pictures sometimes displays in single column (Bug)
Sometimes when I go to the main portfolio page, everything is arranged perfectly with all the different 1x1, 1x2, etc.
Other times, all the images are stacked in a single column. This is especially true when I go into the project detail/gallery and click the back key.
Web developer indicates there appears to be a conflict in the code between the packery layout and filters. To get around this issue he has disabled the filtering code if filters are not displayed.
We do plan to use the filters when we have more images so when we turn the filters on again this bug will likely resurface.

Related Projects displays ‘unpublished’ projects (Bug)
On the portfolio detail page, at the bottom it lists ‘related projects’, based on projects in the same category.
This is listing all the related projects which are published (fine), but also all the projects which are not published (really not fine). It can’t be listing unpublished projects which by their nature are ‘turned off’ because they are not ready or not appropriate at this time.

CSS Overrides (why?)
On the portfolio detail page you override the title style form the CSS – why?
My developer has had to override this.

How many items on a page (nice to have)
When you edit the ‘Portfolio’ menu item (Menus -> Main Menu -> Portfolio), there is a setting for the number of items that can be displayed on a single page.
If you are using packer the images are 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 2x2 – so the number of images on a page varies to take up the same amount of space.
So right now, you risk ending on a 1x1 with blank space to the right for example.
Is there any way we could instead set the number of rows to display on a page, so it would adjust as necessary?

Date (nice to have)
On the portfolio detail page it dispays a date.
Personally I don’t want this as some older projects we are sharing have the best photos, but one to two years old and I don’t want to advertise that!
Our developer had to overide the template – much more useful if it was an on/off switch.

Best regards,
James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #39152 by HaiND
Hi
Thank you for feedback us
You can provide information login back-end
I will check the problem and custom it for you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds