Support Online: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file Need update but download "expired"

More
8 years 8 months ago #6662 by Iain Swan
My Social Stream is broken, it is only showing FB posts from about a month ago. This is I think because it needs updating but because I only bought the extension, not membership, is it right that I'm now only going to get the update by paying again (and I assume each and every time thereafter that FB changes something that breaks the module, unless I am a member)? Is my understanding of the position correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #6670 by Lee Giang
Hi Gullwing,
I've checked your order and you bought this extension on 13th April 2015.
As our policy, we just support technical problem for single download after 3 months which mean you will get support and able to download new version until 13th July and now already 4th August 2015.

We have to follow the rule and that's why we encourage customers join our membership to get better and longer support duration time.

We can help you fix the problem but maybe you need to pay for support fee.

Best regards.

More
8 years 8 months ago #6727 by Iain Swan
OK, thanks for the swift response.

This is a lesson for me-always read the small print carefully. I'm used to software support under which, quite rightly, people get
charged for enhancements to the product they bought a licence to use, but fixes come free, especially when they concern
security.

I don't want to criticize your business model because I can see it works well for a lot of people, but personally I'm
disappointed. I only wanted the one extension so clearly membership was not viable for me. I have had very little use out of this
extension and I don't want to pay for new versions every time a social network makes changes that break it. As it
has the ability to handle a lot of social networks, clearly the scope for breaking is large.

So I've decided now to cut my losses and look elsewhere for a solution, so won't be needing any further help thank you.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds