Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file Weather shown for wrong location

More
1 week 5 days ago #42429 by Anne Marie Notarthomas
This seemed to work when I installed last week. Today, I was told that it wasn't reporting the "correct" Fulton -- looked like the weather was maybe Fulton, AZ (in the 70s), rather than Fulton, NY (in the 40s). When looking at it today, I switched to Input address and added a local zip code - 13057 for East Syracuse, NY. It was showing me Siedlung Wartenberg. Then I added Syracuse in your demo (can't seem to add the state) and it showed me weather for maybe Syracuse, Indiana.

Now, when I try to switch back to "Current Location", it will only show the location entered in the location box. If I remove it, I get a blank white box. That should be showing location based on IP, correct? That's what it seemed to be doing originally.

I tried clearing cache, clearing cache in browser, different browsers and devices.

I turned on error reporting and got this:
Warning: file_get_contents( ipinfo.io/108.26.25.234/json ): Failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests in /home/glakeshvac/public_html/modules/mod_jux_weather_forecast/tmpl/default.php on line 50

IP addresses should usually be close to the right location, correct? And, that is what I should get with "Current", correct?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #42439 by Jackie
Hi.
I have checked your site, the city info from your IP is East Syracuse.
{
"ip": "108.26.25.234",
"hostname": "pool-108-26-25-234.syrcny.fios.verizon.net",
"city": "East Syracuse",
"region": "New York",
"country": "US",
"loc": "43.0653,-76.0785",
"org": "AS701 Verizon Business",
"postal": "13057",
"timezone": "America/New_York"
}
When you input that address city: East Syracuse, it will get the weather with your location. Please recheck it.
When you use the current address mode, it will get the location base on the browser's IP address. We use the ipinfo.io/108.26.25.234/json method to get the city from your IP.
It will have a limit per month for that request. You need to add the access token from ipinfo.io to avoid the limit. ipinfo.io/pricing

I have add the API key field to the module when you select the "current address" mode. prnt.sc/X6_sJ5leGjrZ

Please recheck it.

Regards.

Best regards.
Jackie Nguyen.

More
1 week 4 days ago #42442 by Anne Marie Notarthomas
Thank you! It's working for me today with the current location, was not yesterday. Is there a way for me to see the ip information you outlined if my client's website in Fulton NY shows the wrong temperature again?

I signed up with IPInfo and added the code. It looks like it's free up to 50,000/mn. This is a small site, I don't expect them to come close to those numbers. What happens if the amount is exceeded? (The monthly price is prohibitive for them for this purpose.)

Thank you for your quick help!

More
1 week 4 days ago #42444 by Jackie
Hi.
With ipinfo, it can't get the city location via the IP when you over a limit request per month.

Best regards.
Jackie Nguyen.

More
1 week 1 day ago #42447 by Anne Marie Notarthomas
Hello,

The temperature is still showing incorrectly for my client. I have it set for "current location" (It's correct for me and another person I checked with in another location. ) My client is in Fulton NY. It's showing 72 vs the real 44 right now. I asked them what their IP is -- 67.246.104.177- which is Fulton, NY. I also temporarily switched to "Input address" and "coordinates", and that showed the correct temperature. When I enter Fulton as the City, I see the wrong temperature. Is this fixable? She is ready to remove it if it isn't showing correctly.

The credentials for the site I gave you are still active if you need to log in.

Thank you.

More
2 days 6 hours ago #42448 by Jackie
Hi.
I have changed the source code to get the location based on the user Coordinates. I think it will get the correct weather with user IP.
Please recheck it.
Regards.

Best regards.
Jackie Nguyen.

More
20 hours 25 minutes ago #42452 by Anne Marie Notarthomas
Hi,

I just heard back from my client and she indicated it was correct. Thank you! One question, if there is an update to the plugin, will the change you made remain, or will it be overwritten?

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds