Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file after update v205 to v207 > layout of JUX Background Video broken (in module position)

More
8 years 10 months ago #5242 by Marc DECHEVRE
Hi,

2 days ago, I had a bit of stress because the homepage of my site gave a blank page (or, to be precise, an "xml error" page).
I had the intuition that it could be the consequence of JUX Background Video and indeed, after updating from v205 to 207, the error went away.

Still, I have a problem : indeed, I haven't changed anything to my module configuration, but instead of having my bg image & bg video covering the position in full width as it was before, it would
- only start below the title
- narrow down to the width of the site, not the width of the screen

See picture in attachement.

If you want to see live and see the html/css, see for yourself on www.festivaldewallonie.be/fr
Click on the "lock" icon and here are the credentials (registered user) :
juxbgvideo
QliFFwTbu$2
This will let you see the module on the homepage.

And, again, as I said, I have changed *nothing* to my configuration of the module. Only the update of JUX Background Video
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #5246 by GDragon
Hi woluweb,
Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
About your problem with jux background video I checked your site and see have problem with structure of html when we upgrade our module. Please give me your site url and admin account. I'll check and have tutorial to help you fix it!

Best regards,
--GD--

More
8 years 10 months ago #5250 by Marc DECHEVRE
Hi there,
Thank you for your quick reply. I appreciate :-)
If it were a few weeks ago, I could have given you the super user credentials. But the festival starts this weed-end, we have just sent >6000 newsletters etc, so I can't take any risk to put the site down these days.
But as registered user, you can see what happens live on the site and you can check what happens in the html & the css via the Console of the browser.
So just do/test it live in your Console & tell me what I should change : it is very nice you want to do it for me, but I can take that part.
Or maybe if this is something you can fix in the next version of the extension, I can wait a bit for that new version.
Txs
Marc

More
8 years 10 months ago #5251 by Marc DECHEVRE
one more thing (independant of the issue above) :
why are the updates not visible in Joomla's core Update Manager ?
(with the error 500 generated by version 205, I'd bet many users would never even guess what the cause is... and that they simply should update to avoid the blank page. See screenshot on screenpresso.com/=K91fd )
Txs for this as well
NB : even paid extensions like NoNumber or Akeeba allow to use Joomla's native Update Manager, simply thanks to a key

More
8 years 10 months ago #5260 by GDragon
Hi woluweb,
Thanks for your feedback!
I checked your site and please email to me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I will send you new versions fixed this problem.
You can do by following step:
1. Install new version i will send you by email
2. Add this element code at: Special option when you choose mode is module position
#sp-title
Hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
--GD--

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds