Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

check [SOLVED] — Using onboard editor for description and/or using html?

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #7359 by Patrick Toulze
Jux Portfolio — Using onboard editor for description and/or using html?

This is the only point that I don’t like about the Portfolio. I do not see possibility to format the description… No editor, can you put html, links, images in the description, are they stopped off , can you add Facebook comment or social button to it?
I don’t know?

Not being able to style the description, add comment box, do whatever we want there are the only serious bug I can see on this component…

Anybody have experiment with that, what can you do and can you not?

To the developer. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase add the onboard editor to it. You need to be able to, at least, format the description.

If I can’t, at least, add html and format the description, I will have probably to take another way to do portfolios — sorry...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Patrick Toulze.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #7383 by Nguyen Sy Tinh
Hi,
With Jux Portfolio, you can HTML for it, but don't use the enter key(enter button on keyboard) in the process of adding html.
We have use some function to encode special characters to avoid syntax errors when you add html for "Description". But it does not read "enter button" on the keyboard => error

Best regard,
Tinh

More
8 years 8 months ago #7397 by Patrick Toulze
1- You say that I can use html, is this mean that I can insert formatted text (bold, italic, colour, size (etc…), table, images, links ?

2- You say that the enter button on the keyboard don’t work, Ok…
How do you save your description, A Save button in the administration interface?

3- You said “We have use some function to encode special characters to avoid syntax errors when you add html for "Description”
- What you mean? , are you talking about an integrated system to strip elements (code) from the description ?
- If so, I need to turn that system off as I need to enter complete html description with the EXACT code I input (no code stripping), How to turn it off?
(ready to modified the core code) — I NEED THIS...

4- Do you think, I can add some Joomla plug in code to add social buttons & comments to the description?

More
8 years 8 months ago #7409 by Nguyen Sy Tinh
Hi,
1, Yes. you can use html.
2, After you add description-> OK-> Save
3, Encoding special characters to avoid errors when validate html(function: htmlspecialchar(), htmlentities())
4, You can try, I think that maybe.

More
8 years 8 months ago #7421 by Patrick Toulze
Encoding special characters to avoid errors when validate html(function: htmlspecialchar(), htmlentities())

Can you turn that encoding Off ?— Ready to hack….

More
8 years 8 months ago #7443 by Nguyen Sy Tinh
Hi,
It is used directly in default.php file, you can open it to check.

More
8 years 8 months ago #7519 by Patrick Toulze
1— I need to know if I can have my html without any “ Automatic Clean Up” ?

Can this function be turned off in the php — Ideally if you give me exactly what need to be override in the code it will be better.

REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME !

If I cannot have my html EXACTLY as I put it in the description — I will have to choose another component in the JED

More
8 years 8 months ago #7526 by Nguyen Sy Tinh
Hi,
- If I disable it then loadmore will no longer work, then all the image will be displayed
- Adding HTML to the description, you can send me the HTML you want to add to the description, I will try to add on so that to you can see,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick Toulze

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds