Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

exclamation-circle Compatibility issues between Easy Mega Menu and other extensions

More
4 years 4 months ago #37607 by Calvin Toy
I am starting to work on converting a site from a standard drop-down menu to Easy Mega Menu and am running into what appear to be compatibility issues or conflicts. This is my first time using EMM, but before I get into serious formatting, I wanted to deal with some conflicts and issues.

Here are the issues:

1. On the back end, EMM appears to conflict with Regular Labs Advanced Module Manager. When I enable that extension, several backend buttons and options in the EMM module do not allow selection (such as Show Title, Enable Bootstrap 3, and any slider option for margins, padding, etc. When I disable Advanced Module Manager, the options return. For now I can toggle the Advanced Module Manager off (a link at the bottom right of the module editor) when editing the EMM module, but I'd like to know if you can identify and fix the conflict.

2. On the front end, there appears to be a conflict between your JUX Logo Showcase module and EMM. If you use the top menu and go to /Who We Are/Partners, you'll see the problem. Note that the Logo modules are being inserted in the article using Regular Labs Modules Anywhere.

3. Menu links to external URLs appear to not work. There are a couple under the SHOP top menu, and also the "Planned Giving" menu under the "DONATE" top menu. These menu items are supposed to go to external websites (donation sites), but instead they just return to the site homepage.

4. This is more of a feature issue - I can set a gradient for the background of the top menu, but not for any of the hover behaviors or submenu hovers. I'd like to be able set gradients.

Note that if you do any fixes, can you please let me know what they are in case I want to replicate these on the live site or on another site.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #37618 by HaiND
Hi
Thank you for feedback us
1: I have fix problem url menu for you
2: with problem button bootstrap, I will try check it for you
3: with problem conflict logo showcase, I don't see probelm, You can describe the problem in more detail or send me one image of the problem via: prnt.sc/
I will check it for you soon
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
4 years 4 months ago #37619 by Calvin Toy
Thank you for your help. Here's my reply to each of the three issues (using the numbering in my original post). I don't know how to send you images, but I have three that I need to send to you to illustrate my problems.

1. With Regular Labs Advanced Module Manager (AMM) enabled, the EMM module is still having problems displaying sliders and toggles. With AMM disabled, those toggles and sliders appear normal. I've have screen captures of these two states. Since I can work around this by toggling AMM off when I work inside of the EMM module, this is not as critical a fix as the other two issues.

2. I've have a screen capture of what I am seeing when I click on the top menu: How We Do it / Partners. I have confirmed that this problem is showing in all browsers on both Windows (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) and MacOS (Safari). This display problem happens when I click on the Partners link in the top menu, but if I click away and use my back button to return, the page looks normal.

3. I can't see a fix for external URLs. When I click on any of the three external links on the top menu, I am still returned to the homepage. I have cleared my browser and Joomla caches.

When you create fixes for these issues, could you please provide the code so I can apply these when I move these to the live site.

Thanks.

More
4 years 3 months ago #37639 by HaiND
Hi again
You can check it again help me, I remember have fix problem Url for you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
4 years 3 months ago #37640 by Calvin Toy
I can confirm that the three external URL links in the top menu now correctly point to the other sites.

Unfortunately, your external link fix seems to have broken all the sh404SEF's URLs. Instead of SEF URLs, I am getting broken "itemid" URLs in the top menu instead of the correct URL, and all the other pages cannot be found.

When I disable sh404SEF, then the Joomla SEFs take over and the menu links work. However, I need sh404SEF to run due to multiple aliases carried over from a previous site structure along with a tailored set of URLs and aliases.

I have added the URL for a non-EMM version of this site in the data section of this post if you need to cross-reference how the navigation should work.

Thank you for your efforts so far, and I look forward to continued progress. Since sh404SEF and Regular Labs are top-rated and widely used Joomla extensions, it will help many people to make your EMM is compatible.

More
4 years 3 months ago #37641 by HaiND
Hi again
I check it and fix it again for you, please check problem
hope it will help you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
4 years 3 months ago #37642 by Calvin Toy
Yes, all the menu links go to the correct links now. Thank you.

Could you please send me the files or code that you fixed so I can apply these to other locations. Thank you.

Next we have to figure out what the conflict is on the Partners page. From the top menu, go to "How We Do It / Partners" and you should see a weird display. This is a conflict with your own Logo module, so you may need to fix one or both to prevent the conflict. If you are not seeing the odd display, i can send you screen captures.

The back-end conflict with Advanced Module Manager has a work-around. While it would be better to fix it, I can live with the workaround.

More
4 years 3 months ago #37645 by Calvin Toy
I've been able to work around my issues, so you do not need to continue to work on my site. The conflicts still exist, but I can deal with them.

Thank you for your time and effort.

More
4 years 3 months ago #37646 by HaiND
HI
I will send you a new package to fix the above problems, you can download and install it on other sites
drive.google.com/open?id=18egpZy_gBkuG2w1XVY1IF8Ju10j0tQdF
If still have problem, please contact us, pleased to assist you
Thanks

Best Regards
--HaiND--

More
4 years 3 months ago #37651 by Calvin Toy
Thank you for all your help. I appreciate working with a company that responds quickly to requests for help.

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds