Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

file Pop up not working

More
7 years 11 months ago #12689 by Huyen Tran
Replied by Huyen Tran on topic Pop up not working
Hi Jon.
I'm sorry for the problem on your site. But I only edit code in our module and don't change any of the system setting.
The problem 1: the pop up does not appear.
Go to .../modules/mod_jux_portfolio/mod_jux_portfolio.php
add line JHtml::_('jquery.framework');
The problem 2: description don't show
Please go to .../modules/mod_jux_portfolio/elements/juximagefolder.php line 419 and delete this line
#mceu_53,#mceu_49,#mceu_52,#mceu_20,#mceu_35,#mceu_33,.toggle-editor{
display:none;
}
The problem 3: when open "+". description and image that don't beautiful.
Go to modules/mod_jux_portfolio/assets/css/style.css line 1124. and I coment width:50%;

.jux-lightbox2 .jux-media {
width: 50%;
NOTE: when we support product on your site. we don't edit code that have not to our product.

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #12692 by Huyen Tran
Hi Job,
If you want to have a slideshow that is running in our demo: demo.joomlaux.com/#business
I will send it for you and you can test on your site,
Thanks for your empathy

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 11 months ago #12704 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Pop up not working
Hi Huyen,

First of all, I'm not happy with this whole thing. When I buy an extension I expect it to work. I am happy to apply css to restyle it if I need to but I expect the basic functionallity to work on its own which this doesn't. I should not have to be 'hacking code' via your instructions to make it work.

Secondly, I was nervous about giving you access to the site since I spent quite a bit of time setting the slideshow up first for my client to see. I did this so that they could sign this bit off before I design the rest of the site around it. To safeguard myself, I took a backup of the site before I gave you access and did not change anything after giving you access. The site slideshow was working when I handed over to you.

To check this, I restored the back up to another account and had a look to see if it was working. The slideshow is working perfectly from the backup so I was definitely working when you got access. Of course, the backup has the non-working installation of the portfolio extension.

So, what I will do is restore the backup version that has the slideshow working but with the non-working portfolio and apply the changes you outlined that were the only things you did. If it all works then good but it will mean that something else was done to the site to stop the slideshow.

Incidently, the slideshow is not just an image rotator, its a layered slideshow with an animated buildup at the start and specific timings which took a couple of days to get just right. That's why I'm not pleased at it not working now. It has meant a delay for me showing the client.

I looked at your slideshow on your site and it not really what I need.

I will wait to see if doing what I suggest above works before giving a rating on the Joomla Extensions site. If I cannot get this to work then I would think you should refund the payment for the extension and I will look for another solution.

I know you tried your best to help but it just isn't working. Thanks anyway.

Jon.

More
7 years 11 months ago #12709 by Huyen Tran
Hi Jon.
I'm sorry for all problem on your site.
Thanks for your empathy.

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 11 months ago #12714 by Jon
Hi Huyen,

I reinstalled portfolio onto my clean reinstall from my back up and went through the code changes you mentioned. It still does not work, therefore, I would like you to refund my money. Please let me know when this has been done.

I will try to find another solution.

Jon

More
7 years 11 months ago #12716 by Huyen Tran
Hi Jon.
You can give me your site backup for me via mail. I will check it in localhost again.
If It still don't works. I will notify your problem for my boss.
Thanks you so much for empathy.

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 11 months ago #12732 by Jon
Hi Huyen,

I tried this again and moved the JQuery line to a different position in the file you asked me to and both the slideshow and the portfolio seem to be working together now.

However, the text is still not appearing in the pop up box. I do not want the text on the grid - only in the pop up box. Are you able to make this change and get it working please. Thanks

Jon

More
7 years 11 months ago #12733 by Huyen Tran
Hi Job.
1.The popup doesn't show, Because you turn off Icon style in configure.
2. You have to enter description in an image, please view image below:
prnt.sc/b5r0kg

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

More
7 years 11 months ago #12736 by Jon
Hi Huyen,

The 'pop up box' was showing okay but the 'description text' within the pop up was not showing.

However, I now understand why. I could not see the other text entry box that you have to scroll down to. I could only see the small sub-description box on screen. Your screen grab was what put me on to it. I have now put some text in this part and can now see it on screen in the pop up box, so thanks for that.

However, there is still a problem with the css. If the browser window is resized (along with the pop up box), the description text moves over on top of the image. Your demo does not do this. Can you fix this please to be the same as your demo. Thanks

Regards
Jon

p.s. Just for reference, in the English language rather than saying 'Thanks you so much for empathy' it is better to say 'Thank you so much for your patience'. It just sounds better to a native English speaker. I hope this helps.

More
7 years 11 months ago #12737 by Huyen Tran
Hi Job.
Thanks your p.s
Go to modules/mod_jux_portfolio/assets/css/style.css line 1124. and I coment width:50%;

.jux-lightbox2 .jux-media {
width: 50%;
Please check and feedback to me again.

Best Regards,
Huyen Tran

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds