Step #1.Optimize your website content
1. Know your current traffic statistics
Before you do anything, you need to track the baseline first to know where you are. It’s not an exception to the website traffic. You need to know your current traffic stats to know how your efforts are affecting your traffic growth.
So, make sure you have your Google Analytics tracking code set up. This is a must! Don’t forget to check your website traffic report on Google Analytics a few times a week. This ways helps you to know what’s working and what’s not.
And here are some of the most important metrics you should note when tracking your site on Google Analytics:
- Unique visitors
- Page per visit
- Bounce rate
- Traffic sources (direct, search, referral, etc.)
- Average time on site
- Exit pages
2. Create a better content strategy
Firstly, let’s talk about the type of content that should be included in your strategy. Here we have:
A good content marketing strategy has a mix of all or most of all different types of content. It should include the following elements:
- What is the primary goal of content (increase traffic, generate leads, improve conversions, etc)
- Who is your audience?
- How do you plan to add value and set your content apart from the competition?
- How to keep content posting frequent?
- How to amplify content?
3. Write impressive and compelling titles
Titles always impress customers first, so you really need to write a title with right keywords, right length and be compelling enough for social media users to click on them.
To find right keywords, use Google keyword Planner. Enter some possible search terms for modification search. For example, I am writing a post of how to increase website traffic, I will modify search with some keywords I think they are possible and pick the best one. Tadaaa…. It’s right here.
Note: Keep in mind that your title is under 70 characters so that it is not cut off on Google Search. And remember to leverage long tail keywords than short tail ones. You can refer some tips below for headlines:
- Use list post
- Ask a question
- Create curiosity
- Create a sense of urgency
- Make value as clear as possible
4. Write better content
With a compelling headline, you need to write a compelling content too. Take a look at these hacks:
#1: Hook readers from the beginning: You can use a statistics or an old saying, a quotation to grab readers’ attraction. Or even tell them what benefits they can get in your post also is a good way to catch attention.
#2: Use shorter paragraphs: Readers don’t tend to spend minute by minute to follow a long paragraph, so it’s better to split your content into small and short paragraphs. By this way, readers are easy to follow and they won’t let you behind.
#3: Tell more stories: The more stories you tell, the more various your content is, which leads to raise interest of readers. They will go from one to others, which means they stay longer with you.
#4: Use eye catchy photos: Obviously, eye-catchy photos can do wonders for your traffic. They can make your blog more visually appealing, so readers will stay on your site longer and are willing to share your content on social media.
#5: Internal links: This is an important point partially aiding in improving website traffic. It means you add links from one post to other posts on your site, or from a page to other pages. How can you get the most out of internal linking?
- Create more content
- Use the right anchor text
- Link to relevant content
- Don’t abuse it: 5-10 internal links for a 1000 word blog post is okay.
Step #2: Crush it with Social Media
#6: Share your content in a right way
In terms of how to increase website traffic, social media is the next big key. Here are some tips for sharing your content so that you can get the most engagement, shares and traffics.
- Optimize for each platform
- Create a sharing schedule
Your schedule should answer the following questions:
- Which social messages are sent immediately after publishing the content?
- Which message are sent the next day?
- Which message are sent in a month? Two months?
- Don’t be spammy
If a post doesn’t pick up audience in the first time you share it, don’t try to keep re-posting! It will keep audience away from you!
- Add sharing buttons to your website
Yeah definitely. This way is great in generating your post. Just a click and your post will be somewhere on social network.
- Post during crush hours
According to Hubspot, here are the best times to post to the biggest social media platforms:
- Facebook: Weekends between 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.; Wednesdays between 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays between 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Twitter: Mondays through Fridays between 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.; Wednesdays between 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- LinkedIn: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Plus, Tuesdays between 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Pinterest: Evening hours everyday and 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.; Fridays at 5:00 p.m.; Saturdays from 8:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- Instagram: Anytime Monday through Thursday, except between 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
#7 Submit and promote your links to Reddit
Reddit is another powerful, yet underused social media platform that can increase website traffic. If you can find where your audience hangs out on Reddit, and deliver the right content, you can generate tens of thousands of visits literally overnight.
Choose the right subreddits and post and add value there. You will see the difference!
Step #3: Content Outreach
One of the best ways to do that is to get your content republished on large publications. This is ideal because you won’t have to spend hours writing tons of guest posts every month – and you can also get the link juice from large publications with high rankings.
So how to do that?
#8: Find large publications in your industry that republish the content.
Find 5-10 large publications that republish content to get you started:
- Huffington Post
- The Next Web
- The Verge
#9: Choose relevant content for the publication
You need to figure out what type of tone, style, and content the publication is looking for? Which one of your content pieces matches up with this tone, style, and content?
#10: Pitch the publication
Your pitch is key. It’s the best practice to submit an original piece of content first, so you get your foot in the door before pitching content from your site.
So, you should always be networking and trying to connect with influencers. The more influencers and connections you have, the easier it will be to get published on the larger publications.
#11: Prepare your content
Once your pitch is accepted, you need to prepare content for republishing:
- Review and follow the site’s publishing guideline
- Aim to include 3-4 backlinks to your blog posts, as well as a bio with a link to a lead magnet (if you have one)
- Change the title (so Google doesn’t get confused when ranking the posts)
That’s all it takes to get more traffic.
Here’s what you need to keep in your mind
#1 Optimize your website content
#2 Crush it with social media
#3 Master content outreach
Well, hopefully it helps to increase your website content. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this.
If you believe what we bring about is helpful, FOLLOW Joomlaux - a provider of the premium joomla extensions to get more and beyond!