Support Offline: Mon - Fri / 08:00am - 05:00pm (GMT +7)
Your Time: Our Time:

compress Quickstart not working properly

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4331 by Eddie
I am having the same problem. It does not work. I have a fresh Joomla install, 3.4.2
I then run ANgie and it did not work.

So, this helped me on 3 different templates. Create a sql database, create a user, grant all the privelages and remember db password and user name

Now copy the quickstart zip file to the directory and extract it. Run the install file: www.<domain.name>/installation/

This will take you through the install process. When prompted, fill in user details, db name and password and complete install.

This worked well for me. If you dont see the pictures, you will have to manually copy accross the images folder

Eddie
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Eddie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4379 by GDragon
Dear all,
Thanks for choosing our product and your patient!
Sorry for late response because our old staff has just left out company!
So if you still have any problem with our template please pm me detail about your problem and account to manager/install.
I'll check and fix it asap!
Thanks once again!

Best regards,
--GD--

More
8 years 10 months ago #5534 by Stephie Dee
Propolis, so you installed Joomla as well as the moduls and plug-ins first using dataase no. 1 and the you created a second database before you uploaded the quickstart files to another folder?

I really would like the template to work but I don't know what to do anymore...

More
8 years 10 months ago #5535 by Eddie

woelfchen83 wrote: Propolis, so you installed Joomla as well as the moduls and plug-ins first using dataase no. 1 and the you created a second database before you uploaded the quickstart files to another folder?

I really would like the template to work but I don't know what to do anymore...

Hi,

No Joomla install. Just create an SQL DB and user and grant all privileges.

Then copy the zip file to your directory, extract it and then run the installation. It will ask you for user and db and enter what you created

Once the install completed, remove the installation dir. Let me know if it works

Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: GDragon, Stephie Dee

More
8 years 10 months ago #5536 by Stephie Dee
Thanks a lot! That finally worked and I already updated joomla to the latest version :silly:

I still need to fix the problem, that it keeps saying

"Error
Your host needs to disable magic_quotes_gpc to run this version of Joomla!"

but that should be manageable, when I look at this link .

There should be a better/easier way to install that template anyway. I installed a lot of templates on joomla websites already. Quite a lot with sample content etc. but it was never that complicated.

More
8 years 10 months ago #5544 by GDragon
Hi propolis and woelfchen83,
Thanks all for your feedback!
As proplis say you should:
Step 1: create an SQL DB and user and grant all privileges.
Step 2: Copy zip folder to your hosting,
Step 3: Edit configuration.php then install joomla step by step
In somecase you need disable mod_security of your hosting (you can contact hosting provider to disable it)
Hope this help!

Best regards,
--GD--

More
8 years 10 months ago #5552 by Stephie Dee
I already figured out how to install that complete joomla package. That's what it is, not a template....

When I tried to edit the modules I recognized, that the WYSIWYG-Editor is not shwon properly so that I can't switch to source code. This means, that if I edit the modules, the front page layout is not what it should be anymore.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Oh dear, if I would have known all of that before, I would not have bought the "template" :S

More
8 years 10 months ago #5626 by Stephie Dee
Did anybody get this template to look like the demo site with his own content or is it not worth the work and I should just get my money refunded by paypal???

More
8 years 10 months ago #5627 by Eddie
Sadly I must say the effort to get it working like the Demo and then sort out the issues I had with the template and trying to use other extensions is not worth the effort.

If you want to do a bit more than the demo, it can be a bit of hard work. Also, not sure of the skills of the support I received makes me feel un-comfartable.

Just my view and thoughts. Did not work for me but could work for others

Eddie

More
8 years 10 months ago #5636 by GDragon
Hi woelfchen83,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for late response because we just have the holiday!
- About your question change content demo please read the document about template.
Example: with jux creative template. You can see the document by click See the document at right sidebar:
www.joomlaux.com/jux-templates/corporate/creative.html
- About Editor, our template use a lot custom HTML module. So we turn off editor to show customer about source code. You can change content but must keep original HTML structure. More details have all in the document!
Note: about turn on Editor you can go to System->Global Configuration->Tab Site->Default Editor
Hope this help!

Best regards,
--GD--

Moderators: Jackie
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds